Okay growing up I absolutely hated the fact that I’d have to wear a uniform to school. Today, when my work days are long and I have little time and energy to throw a outfit together, a uniform is all I want!
I’ve put together a list of my 11 staple items in my closet, that I currently have on repeat through out my instagram feed and daily life, and will with out a doubt get me through the rest of winter and into spring with zero hassle.
These looks are a mix of New York street style, blended with the laid back vibes of L.A. They can easily transition from day to night and can be worn in any work casual environment.
All Items are Linked
1. Men’s White Dress Shirt - I wear this one button down and off the shoulder! It shows a tad bit of skin, but nothing inappropriate for the day. Be sure to unbutton it once more to add a couple necklaces and it’s perfect for going out! Can be paired with slacks, skirts, or jeans!
2. Black Turtle Neck - This is my favorite black turtle neck! I received it from xle the label and fell in love with it! It’s light weight, breathes amazing, and never fades!
3. My Perfect Blue Denim - Boyish Jeans - You all know I am obsessed with this denim line and these jeans in particular! It adds perfect detail, to create another level to the high waisted light wash denim. So flattering and again lasts you a life time! 100% worth the investment.
4. Brown boots - Again on repeat for me! I’ve worn these with all colors of denim: white, blue, and black!
5. Grey Knee High Boots - I love wearing these grey knee highs with my blue and black denim, pants and skirts. Brings a level of edge and dresses up your look!
6. Jean Skirt - I like my skirts a little longer with a higher slit. I find I can get away with it in meetings, paired with knee high boots; Rather than a short mini skirt, that seems a little unprofessional.
7. Men’s Hanes White T-shirts - I literally bought a pack of these from target and never regretted it. I wear these with jeans and slacks all the time. I change out my jewelry with it to give variety. At the time I didn’t have the biggest budget for shopping so these were a life saver. There are so many takes on the white t-shirt; And there are so many brands, that I love, that usually offer them for a higher price though.
8. Blazers - Either cream, black, or checkered! These can be worn over any combination of the items I listed, and will dress up any look. Halogen is a great brand for a quality blazer!
9. Perfect Black Denim - These are my favorite jeans! I love the flare and cut!
10. Camel coat - I’ve listed a couple below, depending on your budget. This is something that can really last you for a lifetime, or a couple years, depending on how much money you would like to invest. My camel is from TopShop and it’s been about 4 years now and it’s still going strong!
11. My Perfect Tank Top - I have worn this to fancy dinners, out to bars, to lunch on a Sunday, or with biker shorts. This is 100% worth the money!